More than half of Americans own or work for a small business, and two out of three new jobs in the U.S. each year are created by small businesses*.
To help celebrate and support those small business leaders, the Google Small Business Community was born.
This free resource can help entrepreneurs network online. Members have access to information and advice from industry experts on a wide variety of topics that can help grow their business.
Real, Actionable Information and Advice for Small Business Owners
A question we get a lot is: "How do I market my business without a big budget?" Marketing and promotions don’t have to break the bank. Once you’ve created a marketing plan, use these tactics to advertise on a shoestring budget:
- In addition to keeping your Google My Business profile updated, make sure your business is listed in relevant local directories, print and online.
- Collaborate with other businesses. Attract new customers by teaming up with others in the area to cross-promote.
- Give back to the community. Stretch your advertising budget by sponsoring a charity event, Little League Team, or even a school fundraiser.
- Get news coverage. Getting press for your business has powerful potential, and an advertising budget isn’t needed to get mentioned on local news.
- Invest in online advertising. With the right, focused campaign, AdWords can generate a high number of qualified leads without spending a ton of money.
Get Help from Experts, and Each Other
The community also offers live, online events, giving members direct access to partners, including Twitter, MasterCard, Intuit, Mailchimp, Squarespace, HostGator, and others. This past August we hosted Maria Contreras-Sweet, the leader of the U.S. Small Business Administration and voice of small business in President Obama's Cabinet, who answered questions directly from members of the community.
Interested in free resources from the Government for your business? Check out the interview:
Join us at g.co/gsbc to get the help you need to succeed on the web.
On behalf of the Get Your Business Online team and the Google Small Business Community, I wish you great success growing your business.
Whitney Lemon - Google Small Business Engagement